Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to participate in the KFC National Fried Chicken Day Competition (the Competition) and win a year’s supply of KFC (valued at $1300) form part of these conditions. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is Restaurant Brands Limited, Level 3, Building 7, Central Park, 666 Great South Road, Penrose, Auckland, 1051, New Zealand.
3. The Competition is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 and over. The winning entrant must be 18 years or older and must provide a photo ID to claim this prize. Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with the Competition, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
4. The Competition commences Monday 3rd July and finishes Thursday 6th July 2023 (the Competition Period). Any attempts to enter the Competition outside of the Competition Period will not be eligible. The winner will be announced and contacted between Friday 7th July 2023 and Thursday 11th July 2023 via direct message.
5. There will be one Competition winner. The winning prize consists of fifty-two $25 KFC Chicken Dollar vouchers - totalling $1300 (the Prize). KFC Chicken Dollars can be redeemed for KFC products at any KFC store in New Zealand.
6. No purchase is necessary to be in to win or participate in the competition. To participate in the Competition, entrant must comment their vote between #TeamSecretRecipe or #TeamWickedWings on Facebook, Instagram or Tik Tok with reasoning. Winner selection will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion and the Promotor’s decision as to the winning entry is final. When determining the winning entry, the Promotor will, (among other things) consider the content of an entry’s comment and the level of community engagement it generates.
7. The Prize, including each of its elements, are not transferable, changeable, or redeemable for cash. The winner of the Prize takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies the Promotor in respect for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
8. If the Prize, or any part of the Prize, becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, the Prize, offer or that part of the Prize offer will be void, and no compensation will be payable.
9. All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs, likeness and entry for promotional/advertising purposes, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. The ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
11. The Promoter may amend, suspend, or cancel any aspect of the Competition at any time in its sole discretion.
12. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following:
(a) any theft, unauthorized access or third-party interference
(b) any entry or offer claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged, or misdirected
(c) any variation in the offer;
(d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant
(e) use or acceptance of a prize/offer
13. As a condition of participating in the Competition, all participants will indemnify the promoter, all organisers, sponsors and all other persons and organisations associated in any way with this Competition against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including costs on a solicitor-client basis) which the Promoter and its affiliates may incur arising out of the participant’s participation in the Competition or (if applicable) , any breach of these terms and conditions, or any wrongful or illegal act or omission, howsoever caused.
14. Any entry by a person suspected of cheating in the opinion of the Promoter through the manipulation of entry, creation or use of software to aid in multiple entries and otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting in any way fraudulent, in the opinion of the Promoter, will be void and that entry, along with any other entries submitted by that person will be removed from the Competition and damages may be sought.
15. Any comment that includes profanity may be subject to removal or editing by the Promoter without prior notice and any entry associated with such comment will be void. The determination of whether content violates this profanity policy shall be at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
16. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.