These terms and conditions of entry relate to the KFC Cash In with the Colonel Promotion (Promotion).
1. The Promoter is Restaurant Brands Limited of 666 Great South Road, Greenlane, Auckland 1061, New Zealand (The Promoter).
2. The Promotion commences at 12.01am on Tuesday 7th November 2023 and concludes at 11.59pm on Monday 11th December 2023 (Promotion Period).
3. Entry to the Promotion is only open to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents (New Zealand Residents) aged 18 years and older at the time of entry who remain New Zealand Residents for the duration of the Promotional Period. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families, including their children and other persons residing in their household) of the Promoter, their related entities, corporations or franchisees, printers, suppliers, providers, software providers and developers, and agencies associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
HOW TO ENTER
4. Spend at least $9.99 at KFC (Qualifying Purchase) nationwide to receive an entry code (Code) on your till receipt, online receipt,or an entry card at selected stores, which will be given to the customer (Entrant) at the point of purchase at participating KFC stores (Participating Stores) or online (Online Orders).
5.Online Orders are limited to Qualifying Purchases conducted via KFC’s website, and exclude purchases conducted via third party online food ordering and delivery platforms, such as Uber Eats and DoorDash.
6. For every additional $9.99 spent in a single transaction (beyond the initial Qualifying Purchase of $9.99), the Entrant will qualify for an additional chance to win. A single Code may entitle an Entrant to a maximum of 12 entries.
7. Each Code entitles an Entrant to a number of entries which corresponds directly to the amount spent in a single transaction;
- $9.99 = one unique code (worth one entry into the Daily & Weekly Prize);
- $19.98 = one unique code (worth two entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- $29.97 = one unique code (worth three entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- $39.96 = one unique code (worth four entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- $49.95 = one unique code (worth five entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- $59.94 = one unique code (worth six entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- $69.93 = one unique code (worth seven entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- $79.92 = one unique code (worth eight entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- 89.91 = one unique code (worth nine entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- 99.90 = one unique code (worth ten entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- 109.89 = one unique code (worth eleven entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes);
- 119.88 = one unique code (worth twelve entries into the Daily & Weekly Prizes).
8. To enter the Promotion, simply receive the till receipt, online receipt, or entry card with the unique code with your order on pick up or delivery; and
9. Scan the QR code or go to www.cash-in.kfc.co.nz, and enter your details and a valid code/s to enter the Weekly and Daily Cash Draws.
10. There is one (1) Weekly Prize of $20,000 each week of the Promotion Period; a total of $100,000.
- There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each week of the Promotional Period, with a total of 5 weekly draws during the Promotion Period (Weekly Draws).
- Each winner of a Weekly Drawwill win $20,000. Subject to the starting and closing time of the Promotional Period, entries into each Weekly Draw will open and close each week based on New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT).
- Each Weekly Draw will take place at Hyper, 30 Saint Benedicts Street, Eden Terrace, Auckland, New Zealand at noon NZDT on the following business day after the closure of entries into each Weekly Draw, with the first Weekly Draw taking place on 14 November 2023 and the last Weekly Draw taking place on 12 December 2023.
11. There are five (5) Daily Prizes of $500 each day of the Promotion Period, a total of $87,500 or 175 total Daily Winners.
- The Daily Draws will be conducted for the entries received each day for the 35 days of the Promotional Period, with a total of 5 draws each day of the Promotion Period (Daily Draws).
- Each Daily Draw will take place at Hyper, 30 Saint Benedicts Street, Eden Terrace, Auckland, New Zealand at noon NZDT on the following business day after the closure of entries into each Daily Draw, with the first Daily Draw taking place on 08 November 2023 and the last Daily Draw taking place on 12 December 2023.
- For the avoidance of doubt, no draws will be conducted during the weekend or on a public holiday in New Zealand. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday winners will all be drawn on the following Monday. Monday winners will be drawn on a Tuesday, Tuesday winners will be drawn on a Wednesday and so forth.
12. A unique code cannot be used more than once.
13. The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
14. No entries will be accepted outside the Promotion Period.
15. Entrants may enter as many times as they like with different unique Codes.
PRIZE POOL DETAILS
16. There are 180 Cash Prizes (Cash Prizes) to be won during the Promotion Period.
17. There are two types of Cash prizes to be won:
|Total Number of Days: 35|
|Prizes||Total Prizes||Total $ Each Week||Total Prize Pool|
|1 Weekly $20,000||5||$20,000||$100,000|
|Total Prize Pool;|
18. The total Prize Pool value is NZ$187,500.
19. Each Cash Prize will be paid by direct credit within 21 days of receipt of requisite account/contact details from the winner. If a winner does not have a bank account, the Prize will be awarded as a Prezzy Card.
20. If a winner does not contact the Promoter within ten (10) days of notification of being a Cash Prize winner, the winner’s entry will be declared invalid, and the Cash Prize will be redrawn from the pool of entrants from that day.
21. The Cash Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or negotiable.
22. It is the winner’s responsibility to disclose to the Inland Revenue Department the receipt of a Cash Prize and to pay any taxes that may become due. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning a Cash Prize.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an Entrant winning a Cash Prize. Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
24. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, or misdirected entries or submissions by an Entrant.
25. No compensation will be paid to any person if a winner is unable to redeem a Cash Prize for whatever reason.
26. The Promoter may refuse to award a Cash Prize to any winner if, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, that winner has breached these terms and conditions or has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion.
27. Proof of purchase may be required for Weekly Prize winners in the form of a receipt, entry card, bank statement or photo. If a Weekly Prize winner fails to produce proof of purchase for all entries upon the Promoter’s request, the Promoter may disqualify all of the winner’s entries and the winner may lose any right to the Weekly Prize.
28. Entrants must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner toward the Promoter’s staff, officers or representatives;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with the Promotion;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
29. Any person suspected of cheating in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter through the manipulation of entry, creation or use of software to aid in multiple entries, otherwise fraudulently falsifying data, or acting fraudulently in any way in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, will be removed from the Promotion and damages may be sought.
30. The Promoter’s decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
32. The Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with the Promotion are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, or damage suffered in connection with the Promotion or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
33. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for a reasonable period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. Winners agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose.
34. If an Entrant is a Cash Prize winner, the personal information provided by that Entrant will be held for with the Promoter or the Promoter’s affiliated agents. Under the Privacy Act 2020, a Cash Prize winner has the right to access and/or correct this personal information. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at the address set out below. The Promoter will destroy all personal information 30 days after the end of the Promotion Period..
35. The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 grants certain rights which cannot be excluded or limited. These rights include statutory guarantees that any goods or services provided will be of acceptable quality and fit for purpose, and that any services will be rendered with due care and skill. These Terms and Conditions do not, and do not intend to, exclude or limit those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent that is permitted by law to do so, Sponsors make no representations or warranties, express or implied, under laws other than the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 regarding the quality or suitability of any prize awarded as part of this Promotion and will not be responsible for breach of such representations or warranties.
36. If, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, any aspect of the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, acts of Government, civil unrest, strikes, pandemics, tampering, computer bugs or viruses or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or recommence the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, at any time without prior notice, subject to any applicable law.
37. The Promoter collects and holds personal information provided by Entrants for the purposes of this Promotion. For the purposes of notifying winners and facilitating redemption of the Cash Prizes, the Promoter may pass the winners’ personal details to its agencies and other associated organisations. Failure to provide requested personal information may disqualify an Entrant from being able to receive a Cash Prize. All personal information provided by entrants will be held by the Promoter. Under the Privacy Act 2020, entrants have the right to access and correct any such personal information. Entrants may access and request correction of any of the details about them held by the Promoter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
38. The Promoter is Restaurant Brands Limited of 666 Great South Road, Greenlane, Auckland 1061, New Zealand. Entries should not be sent to the address of the Promoter.